We provide independent public policy analysis for clients across the public, private and community sectors. Our experts specialise in authoritative, evidence-based research and analysis and advice.
We have expertise in a wide range of specialist subject areas and sectors, including:
- Health and social services;
- Industry and trade policy;
- Infrastructure issues, including physical infrastructure issues (e.g. issues regarding the provision of essential services such as electricity, gas, water and telecommunication services);
- Immigration and labour markets;
- Māori and Indigenous Australian economy;
- Public administration, finance and funding;
- Regulatory issues and tax;
- Regional and urban development;
- Science and innovation;
- Primary industries, the environment and natural resources;
Many of our experts have held senior positions within government in Australia and New Zealand. Our knowledge of the practicalities of policy making is combined with a thorough knowledge of the range of approaches commonly used to develop and assess public policy and regulatory development. We are aware that both markets and government have their limits and the key is to identify the trade-offs and to find the right balance, given the context and the outcomes sought.
Our private sector clients benefit from our understanding of the public policy development and decision making process. We can assist our private sector clients to influence the policy debate in their industry through independent, robust research and analysis.
We are an approved All of Government provider in New Zealand and for whole of government panels in New South Wales and Victoria, as well as other government panels across Australia and New Zealand.