Sapere’s experts provide solutions through evidence-based advice that bridges the gap between theory and practice in both urban environments and in rural areas.
Our experts have a wealth of experience in working in complex environments and engaging with multiple stakeholders. We consistently display high levels of commercial and political acumen.
What we do
Sapere Research Group provides advice to all tiers of Government and industry sector organisations, and large and small companies or interest groups.
We provide our clients with a strong platform of technical knowledge, proven research and analytical and consultative processes. We provide support in all aspects of urban & regional development, including social and economic research and spatial economics. We reach through to practical implications for the rate payer base and financing of local government.
- Assessed the merits of a sectors-based approach to an economic development strategy for a territorial authority, including identification of sectors of potential, and the development of intervention logic to support actions in the area.
- Provided advice to councils on the economics and the practical application of development levies including expert testimony in support of the levies.
- Calculated externalities related to bus subsidies in a major Australian city.
- Provided a think piece on pest management in New Zealand including discussion of the role of local and central government.
- Designed an evaluation framework to enable the consistent assessment of the economic impacts of “Major Regional Initiatives”.
- Developed business plans and business concepts for a number of regional and central government proposals including, a science and technology park, a food innovation network and related regional health innovation hubs.
- Undertook economic or quadruple bottom line assessments of local industry initiatives with regional economic implications and, also, implications for Iwi.