Sapere provides sophisticated and comprehensible analysis of complex economic issues to assist our clients in understanding the issues and opportunities facing them. Our professionals are skilled in a wide range of research methods to support evidence-based expert economic advice and data analytics. We provide critical insight and expert advice in legal and regulatory proceedings, strategic decision-making, and public policy and competition analysis. We work with our clients to ensure the evidence base is fit for purpose – frequently we extend beyond conventional methods to provide tailored analysis and assemble boutique data sets.
Our recent work has included providing advice on:
- Energy market reforms in Australia, New Zealand, the Philippines and Singapore;
- Use of economic instruments used for managing natural resources including water use;
- Design and application of revenue regulation of network industries – electricity, gas, rail, telecommunications – and critical infrastructure such as air and sea ports
- Cost benefit analysis for public policy decision-making and regulatory approvals including resource consents.
- Principal-agent analysis and analysis of expected performance for purposes of interpreting contracts and estimating damages.